Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Need Telepathic Powers

So, I mentioned in my last post that I haven't posted because I've been busy working at RadioShack.  However, I finished my last day there on Monday because come later today, provided I get some sleep at some point, I will be living 45 mins away.  That's a bit of a commute for someone without a car.  While I did enjoy it, and I was obviously grateful to have a job, I'm kind of glad to be done.  The store I worked at was not exactly overflowing with customers, and there was a lot of time spent doing, well, nothing.  However, even in my boredom, I learned a few things:
  1. If a large wall of batteries comes falling towards you it is probably smarter to catch it with your free hands instead of your ankle.  The resulting bruise is not worth the mental style points.  
  2. Some people just enjoy being unpleasant, while others can be really sweet.  I regularly had people tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about because we didn't carry a certain product, or it wasn't in stock.  Now, I admit, I do not have the brain power necessary to telepathically summon computer parts,  but that wasn't really in the job description.  I also had a person tell me that they knew someone with the same name as me that was probably a lot brighter than me.  But that guy was just rude.  On the bright side, some people are also just extremely pleasant.  I had several people get really excited just because I put batteries in their garage door openers.  So, I can't really complain about the customers.
  3. I do not have the power to telepathically summon customers just because I am bored.  Although not for lack of trying.
  4. It is really hard to act professional if a customer just caught you playing with the princess piano that's in the toy section. 
  5. On that same note, it is possible to play a passable version of Mika's Happy Ending on that same princess piano.  This is especially amusing if the keys are set to sound like bubbles instead of normal piano sounds.  
  6. Even if it feels like you know nothing about technology you can still help customers with a little pretend confidence.  
  7. If you can't reach a product you should really just get the ladder, because your much taller coworkers will laugh at you trying to jump for it.
  8. If a coworker tells you, "You can try to move the shelf if you want, but it's probably too heavy for you" The look on their face will be hilarious when you move it without a problem.  
  9. If you notice both managers watching you go to the back with evil smiles, it's probably because they installed a new door alarm and haven't told you.
I also learned lots of stuff I didn't know about technology.  Anyway, that's all.  I'm going to try to get some sleep.
Goodnight;
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment