Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quick thought Courtesy of Oscar Wilde

So, this should just be a pretty quick post, because I just read something amazing and I just kind of have to write about it!  So, I recently started reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.  So, I am only a little way in considering I've only read what I could on the way home from the bookstore.  Anyway I love Oscar Wilde.  He has a way of commenting really well on society and how people really feel.  And I just read a quote today that completely sums up my feelings every time I post something here for anyone to read.


"I will not bare my soul to their shallow, prying eyes.  My heart shall never be put under their microscope.  There is too much of myself in the thing, Harry-too much of myself," (Wilde 13).  


Now, luckily, the people that have been reading this blog are all friends of mine.  So, I'm not quite as worried about "shallow, prying eyes".  However, anytime you put something out there, there is an instinctive fear that it will not be well received. I know that if I write something I put myself into it, pretty completely.  If I didn't, I wouldn't feel like I wrote something worth reading.  


Anyway, that's about all I got.  Just a quick thought and a cool quote from a really good book.


Bye,
Chris  

No comments:

Post a Comment