Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A List That I Refuse to Call a Bucket List

So, I decided that something kind of fun would be for me to write a list of things I really want to do in my life.  I'd call it a bucket list, but that just seems too morbid.  So, here goes:



  1. Write/Publish a book: I may have mentioned this before, but I really, really want the opportunity to call myself an author.  I have always wanted to write fiction, but really anything would be pretty cool.  
  2. Walk on my hands (for more than a few seconds): This is a weird goal that I've had since I was little.  It may not be the most profound goal in the world, but you have to admit, it would be pretty cool.
  3. Ride a horse, for an extended amount of time: When I was younger I went through a really horse-crazy phase.  And lets be honest, I never really got out of it.  I got the opportunity to ride one once, but it was for a pretty short time and we didn't get to do anything but walk.  Also, I was pretty young so my horse was tied to another one anyway.  I would love to be able to go faster or just ride for a longer amount of time. 
  4. Get my black belt: Now, I view martial arts as way more than just achieving belt levels.  And it really doesn't matter what belt level I am, as long as I feel like I am really learning.  However, I feel like a black belt would be a really amazing achievement, provided I feel like I really deserve it by really understanding what I am doing.
  5. Inspire people: I want to know that what I am doing will really affect people and hopefully help them.  I want to do this as a teacher, but I would also like to do this as a person.
  6. Go back to Maine: I went to Maine on a school trip a couple of years ago and I really, really want to go back!  It was so beautiful there, and I have never found a place that I just truly loved being in so much.  
  7. Make a Build-a-Bear: Ok, I know, not very profound.  Don't judge me, it's my list.  I always wanted to do this as a child and I never did....so yeah.
  8. Go white water rafting: I feel like this is pretty understandable.  It would just be so cool!
  9. Learn some type of dancing: I am not a very graceful person.  It would be a really amazing feeling to be able to do something that requires coordination.  (and hopeful with some type of skill behind it too)
  10. Travel out of the country: I really feel like experiencing another country would be a really fulfilling experience.  I'm not really sure where, yet, but I just know that I would like to experience something different.
Alright, there's the ten that are coming to mind right now.  Some a little silly, some serious, and hopefully all will be checked off at some point.  

Thanks for reading,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment