Friday, July 6, 2012

The Need to Create

So, I wanted to write and explain why there are those random days where I end up writing about 3 blogs in about an hour.  I get these days, and I get them quite a bit, where I just have this consuming compulsion to create.  I don't even know if I can fully explain the feeling, but suddenly I just don't want to sit still anymore.  I just feel like I need to do something, or make something, or write something.  So, currently, I sit down and somehow I end up with three or four blog posts.  Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing, although it might be a tiny bit excessive.  


I guess I've just always had this feeling that part of me being alive means that I need to create things.  Ever since I was little, I was constantly trying to make things.  I would draw, and especially write.  I would write ridiculous stories, mostly about horses (I was totally guilty of a horse-crazy phrase) and show them to my third-grade teacher.  When someone would react to what I had created I loved it.  Being able to see something that existed purely because I found away to channel what I had inside made me feel fulfilled even before I really knew what that meant.  And that hasn't stopped in the slightest.  


I make jewelry, cards, or collages for people, and every once in a while I try to draw (despite not having much talent in that area).  And as always, I write.  I am constantly trying to improve the way I write so that I can create things that will means something to those that read it.  That's why I have really come to enjoy this blog.  I am able to have a place to let loose that crazy urge to create that I get sometimes.  It has really amazed me how people have reacted to this.  When people tell me that they can relate to something that I have written or I am able to make someone think I feel like I am fulfilling my need to create something meaningful.  


So, thanks for reading.  I hope that I am able to create something worthwhile here.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment